Every season may seem a great time of year until it goes about cosmetics. Needless to say that your makeup can start melting because of extremely hot weather or you can have problems wearing makeup in winter. Apart from this, harmful UV rays make both skin and hair extremely dry almost all year. That’s why you need special protection to stay healthy and good-looking every day. We have gathered some useful tips that will help you to protect your skin and hair whether it’s hot or cold outside.
- Use sun protection for your skin. You should buy a protective sunscreen with SPF 30 or even more. In addition, try to take sun protection pills that would prevent wrinkling and brown spots. If you are spending time on a beach, apply sunscreen every time after you went swimming, even if they say it’s waterproof. Keep in your memory that staying in the sun for a long time without protection can burn your skin, and lead to bad things in the future.
- Exfoliate your skin every day. You need to remove dead cells from your skin’s surface no matter what season is outside. Keep in mind that in summer, you can do this procedure more often compared to other seasons. That’s why summer is a great time to treat your body with scrubs every day, but during any other season, we suggest using a good scrub 2-3 days a week.
- If you use lipstick with SPF, you anyway should apply lip sunscreen or balm with high protection underneath. In summer your lips can become dry and cracked because of the sun and heat. In winter lips get even more cracked due to cold temperatures and heating. Needless to say, it looks bad, but it’s also not good for your health. Take special care about your lips – exfoliate them with a special lip scrub, and moisture with glosses, balms, and lipsticks.
- Your hair can easily become dry and rough because of the sun; avoid this by using special sunscreen sprays. When you go to the beach in summer, rinse your hair with water every time after your swim to remove saltwater. In winter, hair gets dry due to heating, hairdryers, and cold air, so it also needs protection like treatment masks, balms, and sprays. If you go swimming in the pool, wear a protective hat to avoid being damaged by chlorine.
- According to Vivarin‘s latest research, caffeine helps to reduce skin wrinkling. You can try a cream with caffeine to apply after sun exposure. It will make your skin young and soft. We suggest using cream all year and depending on the season, you may need more or less moisture to keep your skin in great condition.
- Remember that if you use sunscreen while sitting in the sun, it’s also important to moisturize your skin after sun exposure. For those people who live in a hot climate or for those who like to travel abroad in winter to get tanned, we recommend searching for a good moisturizer (lotion or cream) and use it every time after you have spent a lot of hours outside.
- Your nails can start to tear and split, no matter if it’s cold or warm outside. Sometimes it may be just a seasonal issue. Try to use special creams for nails to moisture them properly, and also a good idea is to take vitamin B every day. You will notice your nails become stronger even when you swim in the pool or sea every day.
- When you shave your legs in the shower, wait for about three minutes, this would help to get a more soft shave, allowing a closer cut. Moisture your legs after shaving with special creams and lotions to avoid irritation.
- Use a hand cream with retinol and kojic acid every day to avoid dry skin on your hands. Make sure you wear sunscreen with an SPF 15 or more because these ingredients can make your hands’ skin very sensitive. In winter, you should use hand creams with a higher level of moisturizing.
- Use scrubs to exfoliate your soles and remove calluses. If you are walking barefoot on the beach, scrub and moisture your soles every day to keep them soft and beautiful. It’s better to exfoliate your heels in the shower because dead cells get softened from water, so it’s possible to remove them easily. This procedure can be done more often in summer but you shouldn’t forget about it on cold days too.
- In summer a lot of people wear hats and caps, especially on the beach. And in winter, we also wear wool hats and leather caps. This is a great way to protect yourself from the sun and cold, but keep in your memory it could cause acne on your forehead because of increased oils. Just wipe your forehead with an antibacterial lotion every day to avoid pimples.
- If you have long hair, and you use hair bands often, avoid holders that contain metal. They could damage your hair easily, especially when it is wet. That’s why buy hair bands that entirely consist of snag-proof but soft fabric. In winter, we recommend using an antistatic spray because brushing your hair after wearing a wool hat can be a very difficult mission.
- Apply some olive oil on your razor blade every time before shaving your legs. It will help to make shaving smoother, and moisture your skin. Plus, the oil prevents rust, so the razor won’t damage your beautiful legs.
If you are interested in getting more tips about beauty, you can easily find many more articles and tips in our fashion blog about vogue, beauty, health, makeup, and many other topics.