Have you ever wished you had better under eye hollows? In 2023, tear trough filler procedure is the answer! Learn more about this minimally invasive treatment option and get tips to make sure your experience with fillers is a successful one.
What are the Benefits of Tear Trough Fillers?
Tear trough filler is an effective procedure used to reduce the appearance of dark circles and under-eye puffiness. The procedure involves injecting hyaluronic acid dermal fillers into the hollowed area below your eyes, often referred to as the tear troughs. This helps to restore moisture and cushioning to this area, which reduces wrinkles and dark circles. This is a minimally invasive procedure that uses small needles for injections, making it a safe and efficient way to reduce signs of ageing or correct skin imperfections.
The following are some of the main benefits associated with tear trough fillers:
- They work quickly – They provide almost instantaneous results, with visible improvements being seen within 1-2 days following treatment. Because there is no downtime associated with this type of filler, you can return to normal activities shortly after treatment.
- They are customized – Because each person’s face and skin imperfections are unique, they can be customized for each individual patient in order to provide optimal results for their specific needs. The ability to tailor this treatment ensures that patients can achieve their desired look more easily than with other procedures.
- They last longer – Tear trough fillers often last from six months up to one year, depending on the type of filler used as well as your age and lifestyle habits. By receiving regular treatments over time, patients can maintain their desired results while continuing to reduce signs of ageing or skin imperfections they may have already experienced before undergoing treatment.
They provide a safe and cost-effective method for reducing wrinkles or dark circles under the eyes while providing long-lasting results without any downtime required after each session finished.
What to Expect During the Tear Trough Filler Procedure
Tear trough fillers are a popular treatment for dark circles, hollows, and wrinkles under the eyes. But before committing to the procedure, it’s important to understand the process and what you can expect.
This procedure begins by cleansing your face with an antiseptic solution and then creating small injections of hyaluronic acid or collagen into targeted areas around your cheeks and eyes. To increase comfort during injections, a topical anesthetic cream is applied to the treatment areas.
The entire procedure takes approximately 15-20 minutes. It is minimally invasive and generally has a quick recovery period with few side effects if any. Furthermore, results of tear trough fillers typically last up to 2 years but may vary on an individual basis depending on lifestyle, age and other factors.
Overall, when considering the tear trough filler procedure it is important to be informed about what is involved so that you can make sound decisions regarding your beauty treatments. With the help of a qualified healthcare team you can get informed about potential risks and decide if this type of treatment works best for your desired results.
What to Expect After the Tear Trough Filler Procedure
For most people considering these treatments, understanding what to expect after the procedure is important. This article will outline what to look forward to and how long it will take for optimal results.
Immediately after treatment, you should expect slight redness and potential swelling or bruising at the injection sites. However, these side effects should resolve within a few days to a week. For some people, this resolution may take longer, so make sure you’re aware of what your recovery timeline might look like. During the healing process and for the first two weeks post-procedure, it is important to avoid any strenuous physical activity that could disrupt the results of your treatment.
The area where tear trough fillers were applied can also feel itchy or tight soon after treatment but this should dissipate as you become more accustomed with your new look. Additionally, proper hygiene such as gentle cleansing with a mild cleanser twice daily is important during recovery and as part of maintaining your results over time.
How to Maintain the Results of Tear Trough Fillers
Sagging, wrinkles and discoloration around the eyes are some of the most common signs of aging. This area, known as the tear troughs, can be particularly troublesome to treat with creams and lotions alone. Tear trough fillers use a light gel-type solution that is injected under the eyelid to reduce hollowness and improve dark circles often caused by genetics, allergies or other factors.
The effects of tear trough fillers can last anywhere from six months to two years depending on how much was injected, where it was injected, overall health and lifestyle. There are some strategies you can use to maintain your results and extend their longevity:
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated helps keep your skin looking young and healthy by flushing out toxins.
- Eat an antioxidant-rich diet: Eating a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables helps provide your body with vital antioxidants that help protect against skin damage from sunlight and environmental pollution.
- Avoid facial movements: Avoid dragging, squinting or rubbing around your eyes as this could cause displacement of the filler material.
- Use eye creams designed for your age group: Using creams specifically designed for mature eye areas can help keep results looking fresh without exacerbating wrinkles or dryness.
- Remove make-up before bedtime: Skin needs time to breathe so take all make-up off before going to bed – using a gentle cleanser followed by a soothing moisturizer will help keep your skin looking young for longer!
Ultimately, the decision to go ahead with these procedures should be discussed thoroughly with your doctor and taking into account your age, health, medical history, and lifestyle.
Since the procedure is semi-permanent in nature, it’s important to ensure that you understand all its potential side effects and long-term results before making a commitment. In addition, research different practitioners who specialize in tear trough filler procedures to get an idea of their range of offerings and make sure you find one who is qualified and experienced.