Bite-sized serial news and cool stuff from the worlds of Touch, Arrow, Hannibal, S.H.I.E.L.D., Doctor Who and Firefly:
- Gina Torres (Firefly, Alias, Suits) will recur on NBC’s midseason series Hannibal. She’ll play the wife of Laurence Fishburne‘s character, Jack Crawford, TV Line confirms. Fitting, since Torres is married to Fishburne.
- Keith David (The Cape) will guest in the recently pushed-back second season of Touch. Per TV Line, David will play Dutch “a grizzled ex-Navy Seal who’s also an old friend of Kiefer Sutherland’s character [Martin Bohm]”.
- Arrow executive producers Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim talk about the show in part 2 of their preview (part 1 here):
- Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada has opened up (a tiny bit) about the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series in a chat with Comic Book Resources, where he also noted that the show will be built around the recently cast Clark Gregg:
“We have incredibly high hopes for the TV show. I think Clark is obviously going to be a huge breakout star. Again, I read, I know what the show’s about and I think Marvel fans are going to be absolutely over the moon with it and those people who watched “The Avengers” movie — not many people who didn’t — are going to be incredibly happy with it and satisfied with it. Those who don’t know anything about “The Avengers” or the Marvel Universe are going to love it as well because it’s a very unique show that we’re creating.”
- The BBC has released an unshot Doctor Who scene by Chris Chibnall depicting what happened to Rory’s dad and the Ponds following the sort of heartbreaking farewell — watch below:
- Science Channel has released a promo and clip from their upcoming Firefly 10-year reunion roundtable discussion which was recorded at this year’s Comic-Con, to be aired November 11: