Weddings are a time of joy and celebration, but they can also be incredibly stressful. If you’re planning to wear a plus-size dress to your daughter’s wedding, you know that finding a gown that will fit your curves can be difficult.
When shopping for a plus-size mother-of-the-bride dress, there are a few things to keep in mind. Decide what size you are. Next, consider your budget. And finally, think about what type of wedding you are attending.
If you’re not sure what size to buy, try on several different styles and see which fits best. Plus-size mothers should aim for models that fit snugly at the waist and hips but be comfortable enough to dance all night long. For those on a tighter budget, search for off-the-shoulder or halter neck styles that can be dressed up or down.
A formal affair may call for more traditional ballgowns while a more laid-back event might be better suited by something fun and flowing like a maxi dress or romper. Whatever your style, choose a flattering silhouette and make sure it fits well so that you can feel beautiful on your special day!
Tips to keep in mind
- Shop around – not all plus-size mother-of-the-bride dresses are made the same. Make sure to shop around and find a store that carries models that fit your size range. Not all stores carry plus-size gowns, so it’s important to do your research in order to find the best selection for you.
- Be selective – when shopping for slimming plus-size mother-of-the-bride dresses, be selective in terms of style and design. Avoid strapless or spaghetti straps, scooped necklines, or gauzy fabric because they may not fit well on larger frames. Opt for flowy skirts or panels that drape elegantly down your body instead.
- Consider color – as with any wedding outfit, choose a color that will flatter your skin tone and complement your hair and accessories. As a general rule, darker colors will work better and slimming.
- Choose tailored or fitted models– many times plus-sized women feel uncomfortable wearing snug-fitting gowns, so consider selecting gowns that are tailored or fitted to your body shape. This will help ensure a comfortable and flattering experience during your wedding day.
- Consider a strapless dress – strapless dresses are often considered the best option for plus-size women because they provide support while still appearing fashionable. Plus, there’s no need to worry about straps digging into your skin.
Plus-size dresses under $500
With prices starting at just $250, you can find a beautiful gown that will make you feel confident and stunning on your special day.
- Jumpsuit: A jumpsuit is a versatile option that can be dressed up or down. Try pairing it with a simple veil and high heels for an elegant look, or team it with sneakers for a more casual vibe.
- A Tank Dress: This is perfect for warmer climates, as it’s both comfortable and stylish. You can choose to wear it with flats or sandals for an easy day-date look or add some sparkle by pairing it with statement earrings and a bridal necklace.
- A Sleeveless Dress: For an extra sexy look, try opting for a sleeveless model this winter. This style is especially flattering on curvier figures, so be sure to take into consideration your body type when choosing one!
- A Short Skirt: This is another must-have this winter season. Not only does this style flatter most body types, but it’s also super trendy right now! Try pairing it with cute wedges and a cardigan for an updated look.
- A sophisticated formal gown. If you are looking for a more elegant option, consider going with a formal dress. This can be anything from a traditional gown to something more modern or chic. There are many different styles and colors to choose from, so finding one that fits your personality and style is easy. Prices start around $250-$350.
- A timeless semi-formal dress. This can be anything from a traditional lace ballgown to something more modern or chic.
- A comfortable casual dress. If you want something that is both comfortable and stylish, consider choosing a comfortable but stylish casual dress instead of an outfit designed just for mother-of-the-bride events. Prices start around $50-$70 depending on the type of fabric and design used in the garment.
If you want to find different models and view more, make sure to check the different online stores.
Colors that make you look slim
Burgundy is a dark, vampy color that helps to slim down your figure. This is a great color to choose if you want to avoid being too flashy or too conservative.
Camel is another slimming color option. It features a warm hue and can be paired with any skin tone. This color can help create an appearance of depth and dimension.
Navy blue is a versatile color that can work well with much different hair and eye colors. It also has a sleek, professional look that can help you stand out from the crowd.
Black is another favorite slimming color option. It has a modern, sleek look that will make you stand out from other mothers of the bride at your wedding party. Choose black if you want to go for an edgier look rather than traditional mother-of-the-bride dress choices like pink or yellow.
Plus Size mother of the bride dresses that hide belly
-A floor-length ball gown with a strapless bodice and a high sweetheart neckline. This style is perfect for hiding the belly, while still looking elegant and stylish.
-A fitted tank dress with a sophisticated side slit. This option is perfect for covering up any tummy without feeling too basic or conservative.
-A knee-length maxi dress in a soft, flattering fabric. This type of dress will drape well over any figure and can be paired with comfortable heels to finish the look off perfectly.
-A sequinned evening gown with daring cutouts at the bustline and along the sides of the torso. For an added bit of edge, choose this style with high waistlines that will show off your curves to perfection!
As a mother of the bride, you are undoubtedly going to be dressing up for your daughter’s wedding. And while it is important to find something that flatters every body type, it can feel daunting trying to figure out what size bride you should be shopping for. Lucky for you, we’ve gathered some of our favorite plus-size mother-of-the-bride dresses so that you can easily find an outfit that fits your needs and looks stylish at the same time. Which one will you choose? Let us know in the comments below!