Summertime is when many people use their air conditioners (AC) to stay cool. And while using your AC, it’s important to keep it maintained so that it can run efficiently and last longer. Here are some tips on how to do that.
1. Basic Upkeep to Ensure Your Aircon Lasts Longer
There are some basic things you can do to ensure your aircon lasts longer.
Keep the filters clean
One is to keep the filters clean. Dirty filters will make your AC work harder and use more energy. Depending on the type of filter your AC has, you may be able to clean it yourself or have to take it to a professional.
Another basic thing to do is to keep the area around your AC unit clean. Make sure there’s nothing blocking the airflow, like leaves, branches, or trash. And if your AC is in a window, make sure the window is closed properly and that there’s no space for air to leak in.
Checking the refrigerant level
Another important thing to do is check the refrigerant level. If the refrigerant level is low, it can cause your AC to work less efficiently and even break down. Most AC units have a gauge that tells you the refrigerant level, so it’s easy to check. If the level is low, you can either add more refrigerant yourself or take it to a professional.
Cleaning the coils
The coils are another important part of your AC unit that need to be kept clean. If the coils are dirty, it will make your AC work harder and use more energy. You can clean the coils yourself or take it to a professional.
Checking the air flow
You should also check the air flow to make sure it’s not blocked. If the air flow is blocked, it will make your AC work harder and use more energy. You can check the air flow by moving furniture and other objects away from the AC unit and by making sure the vents are clear.
Turning off your AC when you’re not home
One of the best ways to save energy and keep your AC unit running efficiently is to turn it off when you’re not home. If you can, try to set your AC to a higher temperature so you don’t have to use it as much.
2. Tips on How to Clean Your Aircon
If you want to clean your aircon yourself, here are some tips on how to do it.
- Turn off your AC unit and unplug it.
- Remove the filters and clean them.
- Clean the coils.
- Check the air flow.
- Turn on your AC unit and check if it’s working properly.
3. When to Call for a Professional to Fix Your Aircon
If you’re not comfortable cleaning your aircon or if it’s not working properly, you can call for a professional to fix it. Here are some signs that you may need to call a professional.
- Your AC is not turning on or is not working properly.
- There is water leaking from your AC unit.
- Your AC is making strange noises.
- Your AC is not cooling your room enough.
- You need to add more refrigerant to your AC unit.
So, when you are not sure that you can do it by yourself, it is advised to call the professionals such as Brooks Heating & Air.
4. The Importance of Thorough, Consistent Maintenance
Maintaining your aircon is important to ensure that it runs efficiently and lasts longer. By following the tips above, you can keep your AC unit in good condition and save money on your energy bill. However, the best way to ensure that your AC is running properly is to have a professional company like airconservicing do a thorough, consistent maintenance check. This will help to identify any potential problems and fix them before they become bigger issues.
8 Things to Consider Before You Hire a Contractor to Fix Your Broken Aircon
If your AC unit is not working properly, it’s important to hire a contractor to fix it. However, before you hire a contractor, there are a few things you should consider.
- What type of AC unit do you have?
- What is the problem with your AC unit?
- What are your budget and timeline for the project?
- What is the contractor’s experience with AC units?
- What is the contractor’s reputation?
- How long will the project take?
- What is the contractor’s warranty?
- How much will it cost?
By considering these things, you can find a contractor that is the right fit for your needs and budget.
How to Test an Aircon System
If you’re having problems with your aircon, you can test the system to see if it’s working properly. Here are the steps to test your AC unit.
- Turn on your AC unit and set it to the lowest temperature.
- Wait for the AC to reach the desired temperature.
- Turn off your AC unit and unplug it.
- Check the temperature of the room.
- Check the filters, coils and air flow.
If your AC unit is not cooling your room to the desired temperature, it may be time to call a professional to fix it. You can also test the filters, coils and air flow to see if they are working properly. If they are not, you may need to clean them or replace them.
Keeping your aircon system healthy is a lot easier than you think. By following the tips above, you can keep your AC unit running efficiently and save money on your energy bill. However, if you experience any problems with your AC unit, it’s best to call a professional to fix it. They will be able to diagnose the problem and fix it quickly and efficiently.
Thank you for reading! We hope this article was helpful in educating you on how to clean and maintain your aircon system.