Artificial intelligence has firmly entered the world of modern man. The wide possibilities of technology contribute to accelerated implementation in many areas of activity where process optimization is necessary. Representatives of the gambling entertainment industry did not pass by either, having begun the active use of artificial intelligence in games, especially in poker.
Artificial intelligence has firmly entered the world of modern man. The wide possibilities of technology contribute to accelerated implementation in many areas of activity where process optimization is necessary. Representatives of the gambling entertainment industry did not pass by either, having begun the active use of artificial intelligence in games, especially in poker. If you want to play the best games – you may play Spinia.
When did poker bots appear?
For top online casinos, the first thing on the list of things necessary to attract customers is the level of service. Providing gamblers with the best games, such as 888 poker, is possible only by keeping track of the latest technologies in the gambling market. Every year, dozens of events take place in the world, where the best game developers demonstrate developments and software for the best online and offline gambling establishments.
The trends of the last five years speak of the demand for games based on AI technologies. Among them are poker bots. The Claudico computer became a pioneer, fearlessly fighting, but never able to defeat the four world-famous poker players in Holden. But this did not prevent, a few years later, an improved version of Libratus from appearing.
The new poker bot was first introduced at the 2017 Brains vs AI: Raising the Stakes tournament. The victory was in the hands of the development of Libratus, which helped open a new page in the world of artificial intelligence and earn $ 2 million from the game. In a few years, the bot will be improved and presented to the whole world as Pluribus.
Pluribus – developer breakthrough
The idea of creating artificial intelligence that could compete with humans has puzzled the scientific community for many years. Corporations invest a lot of money in scientific projects with only one goal, to become the first in the race of high-tech robots. All projects of this kind are under development, but despite this, scientists have something to boast of today.
Despite restrictions on large events around the world, the largest representatives of the gambling business, regulators, casinos and creators gather in a virtual conference format to discuss the latest developments in the gambling world.
In 2019, the Pluribus bot appeared as a joint effort of specialists from Carnegie Melon University and Facebook. The presented bot played a simultaneous game with five poker stars and won against everyone. Scientists did not assume that AI was able to beat 5 opponents at once because initially, they tested it only in games for two.
Developers explain such success with new mathematical strategies, and they are much more efficient than human calculations. Also, the bot needs much less power to work, unlike its predecessor, and the most important difference is that the bot can bluff at a level indistinguishable from professionals.
Pluribus is equipped with “abstract information” and “abstract action” algorithms. Thanks to them, the bot automatically cuts off some of the options for future moves, leaving those that can affect the outcome of the game. The analysis of moves helps the algorithm to draw conclusions about its actions. Combinations of successful strategies increase the likelihood of future winnings.
The use of AI technologies in poker benefits not only the gambling market but also the developers themselves. Scientists note that the most difficult thing is to teach the technology to adapt to the unpredictable outcome of the game. Poker is built not only on counting but also on bluffing, which makes adjustments to even the most correctly calculated mathematical scheme. Therefore, when testing, Pluribus analyzed a trillion games, sorting out the correct solutions that led to winnings. So he learned to apply the right combinations regardless of the cards in his hands, which formed the basis of the bluffing skill. According to scientists, bluffing is based on mathematics, so the bot can be taught to do it better than titled players.
AI in online gambling: how it works
The most useful class of artificial intelligence is called machine learning. In this case, computer technology must recognize and memorize faces, and human speech, memorize and analyze various information, and then make predictions in accordance with these data. Since casinos and poker moved online, the number of gamblers has increased significantly. This means that the amount of information that needs to be processed has increased significantly.
Even the most ordinary slot machine requires maintenance from several specialists. But maintaining a team of workers is unprofitable for the owner of the slot. In addition, there is always room for error due to the human factor. If artificial intelligence is used together by groups of specialists, then the cost of the software will be several times cheaper than paying salaries to employees. And the machine will cope with the maintenance of the machine faster and more accurately.
If we talk about online gambling, then artificial intelligence is used here to solve such problems as:
- Communication with gamblers and answers to frequently asked questions. To do this, they create special chatbots that very effectively cope with the task but do not require large investments. The robot does not give in to emotions, which means that it cannot be brought into conflict. Therefore, communication with the chatbot always ends on a positive note, and the client receives all the necessary information.
- Gathering data to attract new customers. AI processes the data of the players, studies their behavior during online games, then, based on the analyzed data, makes up their preferences. Due to this, the client always receives bonuses or creatives that he needs at the moment. So, his interest in the game does not fade away.
- With the help of the machine, you can calculate how much income a gambler will get. With this data, the computer offers the player only those options that he can afford. The player spends more time on the site and does not “drain” all his money for one bet.
- Artificial intelligence saves the budget of small companies. Paying for software is much easier than maintaining a whole team of promotion and advertising specialists.
- The computer also takes into account the location, the gadget on which the slot machine is played, its operating system (which is especially important in the period of dominance of mobile casinos), and the time and duration of the user’s activity on the Web. So the algorithm provides the highest individual conversion, brings more income, and improves the quality of service for each client. At the same time, the data remains isolated and protected from third parties and fraudulent activities.
- Algorithms are used to simulate a live game with an opponent. Bot casinos and poker with bots are popular among beginners and amateurs who are gaining gambling skills. The system is programmed for zero profit. Neural networks calculate the opponent’s move, take into account his reaction, and make realistic pauses before the next move. The behavior and strategy of a real player are taken into account at each next game.