Dwayne Douglas Johnson was given birth to in the year 1972 May 2nd and has become popularly known with his ring name “The Rock”. Dwayne has been involved with acting, producing and also a professional wrestler with the WWE.
He attended the University of Miami, where he played College Football with the Miami’s and won the National Championship in the year 1991. He later withdrew from playing football after his involvement with the National Stampeders and moved on to becoming a professional wrestler.
Dwayne involvement with wrestling at that time wasn’t new to the public given the fact that both his father and grandfather were also wrestlers at some point in their career.
His wrestling career started out with the ring name “Rocky Maivia” and he quickly gained reputation during the 1996 and 2004 season as one of the wrestlers with unbeatable character. In the history of the wrestling federation, Dwayne became their first third generation wrestler.
He would only quit wrestling only to return back in the year 2015 and ever since then, he has featured occasionally for the company. Dwayne is a well decorated professional wrestler and was important in the company’s bid to fight off the WCW for ratings. His autobiography was published in the year 2000 and co-wrote by Joe Laden. The autobiography remained on number 1 spot for a long time on “The New York Times Best Seller List”.
Dwayne Johnson made his movie debut appearance “The Scorpion King” in the year 2002, and received $5.5 million for his performance. It became a new record set given that it was his debut movie. Dwayne has since then gone on to appear in several high budget movies including: Fast and Furious series, Hercules, Rundown, The other guys and many others. He is considered the richest wrestler to emerge in the Hollywood sector.
Dwayne Johnson Facts
- In 1996, Dwayne Johnson got his wrestling Debut
- The Dwayne Johnson Rock Foundation is a charity for at risk ill kids
- Tanoia Reed who haooens to be Dwayne Johnson’s cousin has played as The Rocks stunt double in most of Dwayne’s movies
- Dwayne was also on his college football team
- Dwayne donated the sum of one million dollars to the University of Miami so they could raise the standard of their football facilities
- 2007 movie “Game Plan” was the last movie Dwayne Johnson used his ring name “The Rock”
Dwayne Johnson Age and Nationality
- Dwayne Douglas Johnson
- Rocky Maivia, The Rock, Brahman Bull, People’s Champ
Date of birth
- 1972 May 2nd
Place of Birth
- Hayward, California (United States)
- United State of America
How Tall is Dwayne Johnson – Dwayne Johnson Height, Weight, Age and Full Body Measurement
Body Build Type
- 196 cm
- 119 kg
- Chest – 50 inches
- Arms – 20 inches
- Waist – 35 inches
- 14 (US)
- Dark Brown
- Dark Brown
- Richmond Road Primary School (New Zealand)
- President William McKinley High School (Hawaii)
- University of Miami
- Rocky Johnson (Father)
- Ata Johnson (Mother)
- Actor and semi-retired professional wrestler
- Lauren Hashian (2008 – present)