- No surprise – Walking Dead alums Jeffrey DeMunn and Andrew Rothenberg have joined former showrunner Frank Darabont‘s new period drama L.A. Noir. DeMunn will play Hal Morrison, the detective at the head of the LAPD’s mob squad, while Rothenberg will guest star as Eddy Sanderson, a member of Hal’s team. [TV Guide] Haley Strode has also been cast in the pilot, as per THR, she’ll will play the as-yet-uncast Cohen’s first victim. Told in flashback, she perishes in a violent crime at the hands of a then-9-year-old Cohen.
- The cast of The West Wing reunite in this Funny or Die clip:
- Breaking Bad is looking to cast a “working-class” guy as a possible series regular. Paul, who’s Jesse’s age, is no genius but he’s sharper than Mr Pinkman. He appears ordinary and non-threatening on the surface, but the same could have been said about Gus Fring. Paul’s gruff, older boss owns the customer-oriented company where both men work. [E! Online]
- Anna Hutchinson, Jenna Lind and Gwendoline Taylor have been cast for the third season of Starz’ Spartacus. As per THR:
Hutchinson (The Cabin in the Woods) will play Laeta, the privileged wife of a Roman dignitary who becomes entangled in the struggle against Spartacus, whose live — and the live of her loved ones — are forever changed by the conflict.
Lind (Underbelly II) will play Kore, a loyal slave to Simon Merrells’ Marcus Crassus, the roman tasked to bring an end to Spartacus and his rebellion.
Taylor (Go Girls) will play Sibyl, a young slave rescued from Roman cruelty who will embark on a journey that touches the lives of key leaders in the rebellion.
- Grimm has tapped Warehouse 13 scribe and Angel alum David Simkins as a co-executive producer for Season 2. [THR]
- Finally, here’s a Lego-based homage to the Game Of Thrones opening sequence — “A Clash of Lego”:
video credit: bymatthewp | HT: Jamie S.