GLOBAL CELEBRATES ROOKIE BLUE AS THE HIT SERIES COMES TO AN END AFTER SIX SEASONS
TORONTO, October 16, 2015 – Following an announcement made by the show’s producers today, Global says goodbye to the beloved series Rookie Blue after six incredible seasons that saw Canada’s favourite stars in blue grow from rocky rookies to fearless crime-fighters.
“The success of Rookie Blue is a testament not only to the extremely talented team of Ilana Frank, Tassie Cameron, David Wellington and studio Entertainment One (eOne), but the electrifying cast that has resonated with legions of fans that have followed the show since Season One,” said Christine Shipton, Senior Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, Shaw Media. “After six seasons the series reached a natural conclusion and this season’s finale was the perfect wrap up for both our rookies and for fans, especially with the marriage of our favourite couple, Sam and Andy.”
While Rookie Blue has come to a close, Shaw Media is embarking on a new venture with the team behind Rookie Blue, partnering with Ilana Frank’s ICF Films and eOne on a new project. More details on that venture to be announced at a later date.
The sixth season of Rookie Blue delivered emotional twists and turns, from the bombing that rocked 15 Division, to the pregnancy that rocked Sam and Andy, and the event that fans have been waiting for – the “McSwarek” wedding! There are so many Rookie Blue moments that live in the hearts and minds of everyone that the series touched, so Global looks back at the drama as it grew from the new kid on the block to the country’s #1 Canadian drama series of 2015* with its Top 10 Rookie Blue Moments.
Top 10 Rookie Blue Moments
1. Finally! Sam and Andy “McSwarek” tie the knot!
2. Handcuffed at the Penny…the Rookies try to get out of a sticky situation
3. Gail and Holly’s budding romance
4. The heartbreaking break-up of Chloe and Dov
5. The love triangle that had fans choosing team Nick or team Sam
6. Every sarcastic quip from Gail
7. A blue time for 15 Division – the death of Detective Jerry Barber
8. Oliver getting the white shirt…and trying to reject it (unsuccessfully!)
9. Three’s company with Rookie roomies Chris, Dov and Gail
10. Sam and Oliver’s epic bromance
Viewers can also catch up on the final season of Rookie Blue on GlobalTV.com and Global Go and Seasons 1 through 5 on shomi.
Rookie Blue’s award-winning executive producers include lana Frank, Tassie Cameron, Russ Cochrane, David Wellington and John Morayniss. Rookie Blue is a production of IFC Films and leading indie studio eOne, who also distributes the series internationally.
* Numeris (BBM Canada) Confirmed PPM Data 1/5/15-10/4/15 3+ airings, AMA (000) Total Canada