Welcome to Person Of Interest Observations – the easter eggs and connections guide for the CBS serial-procedural. Next under the lens – 3.02 “Nothing To Hide”.
“Your business is minding everyone else’s business.”
WE’LL FIND YOU
- I didn’t get the chance last week to talk about the new title sequence, featuring Finch, Reese, Carter, Fusco and new cast additions Shaw and Root. As cool as it looks, there wasn’t much worth pointing out.
- This week, the title sequence had notably more beeps, boops, static and ”whoosh”ing sound effects. After watching the one from this episode and last week’s season premiere about 10 times to compare, I haven’t found any other clues or differences. We’ll keep you updated when we do!
WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMAN?
- The opening scene of the episode, featuring Shaw stalking Finch (and Reese stalking Shaw) is a callback to a scene from the show’s second episode, Ghosts. In that episode, it’s Reese who’s trailing his new employer before he turns a corner and disappears. ”He does that”, Reese tells Shaw.
- It’s also a possible reference to the ending of Legacy.
- The two scenes don’t appear to be shot in the same street, although footage from Ghosts was used again in this episode to make it look like they were.
- Another nod to the second episode: Shaw ”meets” with her Person Of Interest in the elevator, like Reese did back in the day.
Next: Bad Robot!…