- For some reason, Sayid is always digging holes. We see him do it again in The Brig. It’s the most frustrating unanswered mystery of the show.
- Sayid lets Hurley in on a little secret: his secret, romantic, magical Beach of Death. When he took Shannon there back in Do No Harm, Boone was laying elsewhere, dying. This time, it’s Ana-Lucia who meets her maker while someone else is having a good day.
- When Libby catches Hurley in the act of packing food, she assumes that he’s hoarding again. She’s wrong – Hurley’s secret is his act of love for Libby. His relationship with her has replaced his unhealthy relationship with food.
- Many viewers probably jumped to the same conclusion as Libby when they saw Hurley stacking trays of food from the plane in the first episode of the show. Later scenes would reveal that he was actually planning on gathering it to share with the other survivors.
- Of course, Hurley being the man that he is, only thought to bring food to the picknick. Libby tells him that Bernard has wine, and we see Hurley secretly taking it from his tent in the Mobisode The Adventures Of Hurley And Frogurt.
- The fact that Hurley forgot the blankets leads to poor Libby’s tragic death, when she takes the blankets from the hatch just as Michael is busy shooting Ana-Lucia.