[tps_title]SAVE OUR –[/tps_title]
- The food drop falling from the sky sure is nice, but Bernard hasn’t settled down just yet and is reminded of the topic everyone but him has forgotten about: getting rescued. His plan is doomed from the start, because planes are not actually able to see the island from above.
- Claire has a similar idea in Par Avion, when she attempts to make contact with the outside world using a gull. It’s not very likely her plan was ever going to work either.
- Rose knows that there’s no way Bernard’s sign is going to work, but Bernard remains hopeful. According to Rose, he’s giving the survivors false hope. Christian Shephard said the same thing to Jack when he was taking care of Sarah in Man Of Science, Man Of Faith.
- Rose gave Bernard false hope in Australia when she told him Isaac healed her. She finally comes clean at the end of the episode. Bernard also learns a lesson and decides to settle down on the island for Rose when he finds out she no longer needs fixing. There’s nothing left for him to do, so he and Rose can finally retire.
Sawyer: “If it’s hope you’re looking for, you’re on the wrong damn island. ‘Cause there sure as hell ain’t no hope here.” (Tricia Tanaka Is Dead)
- Bernard mentions Neil Frogurt – “the guy who used to make frozen yoghurt”. We don’t see him in this episode, but he was introduced in a Mobisode between seasons 3 and 4 of the show.
- Frogurt finally appears on the show for the first time in season 5. He has a non-speaking role in Because You Left, and (regrettably) opens his mouth in The Lie, moments before he’s killed by a flaming arrow. He appears in the flashsideways in LA X parts 1 and 2.