- Jessica Lange has opened up on why American Horror Story Season 4 will be her last. Speaking to EW, the actress shared:
“It ends up being a lot of time during the year being committed to something,” admits the actress. “I haven’t done that for a long time. It’s like doing a stage play between the rehearsal and the run. This is a 6-month commitment every year. That will be four years in a row. I want to have more time to myself I guess. Once it’s over and I have a full year ahead of me with nothing to do, who knows? It might not have been the best decision. But I think four years doing something is a sufficient amount of time.”
- FX has tapped David Bradley (Game Of Thrones) to play the role of Professor Abraham Setrakian on Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan‘s upcoming vampire series The Strain. He replaces John Hurt who played the character in the pilot. Setrakian is a holocaust survivor who immigrated to the United States after World War II and now runs a pawn shop in Spanish Harlem. As the outbreak spreads, he may be the only one with answers – if anyone will care to give a damn. [Deadline]
- Once Upon A Time has cast Christopher Gorham (Covert Affairs) in a mysterious role with ongoing arc potential. Per EW, Gorham will debut in the midseason finale as an “important character in the life of Emma Swan.”
- The Beeb has released various teasers and featurettes ahead of tonight’s 50th anniversary Doctor Who special, The Day of the Doctor:
- Noah Bean (Nikita) and Željko Ivanek (Damages) have joined Syfy’s 12 Monkeys pilot, Deadline reports. Bean, who reunites with fellow Nikita alum Aaron Stanford on the project, will play Aaron Marker, a political strategist whose relationship with Cassandra Railly (female lead Amanda Schull) is torn apart by Cole’s (Stanford) appearance. Aaron tries to protect Cassandra but is pulled in to the conspiracy to end the world. Ivanek plays Leland Frost, a brilliant venture capitalist and philanthropist behind cutting-edge biological research. His charming and debonair exterior hides a ruthless drive that may bring mankind to extinction.
- Here’s the promo for Atlantis Episode 9: