Where we go over some of the recurring shots which make up the show’s signature look
- Once more Breaking Bad makes good use of the DEA blinds, further giving the place the official look and at times highlighting Hank’s emotional state:
- More cool hallway shots:
- And shotgun shots:
- Cross-tables which recur heavily in later seasons:
- Extreme close-ups often accompanied with muffled background noise, perfectly manage to capture the sense of detachment from the outside world.
- The lighting plus mid-long shots with one character or two (usually Walt) in the White residence work amazingly to capture the sense of loneliness. A non-Walt example would be the shot of Huell waiting alone in the safe house in 5.13 (Check out Michael Slovis‘ interview with the ICG Magazine, the part about “The White house”).
- As usual, we’ve got another worm’s eye angle shot which are among the most consistently recurring on the show: