HEAD OVER HILLAH
- The LOST Numbers 23, 42 and 108 appear on the camera footage Inman shows to Sayid.
- Sayid later tells Henry that he was 23 years old in this time period.
- We get the first mention of Sayid’s father from Tariq:
Sayid: ”Sayid, you are a loyal soldier. The son of a great hero. Do not disgrace your father!”
- Not much is known about Sayid’s father, but as with every other parent relationship on the show, it’s clear that there are some issues concerning the man…
- We finally do meet Sayid’s father in a brief flashback scene in He’s Our You, in which Mr. Jarrah orders his son (Sayid’s brother) to kill a chicken to prove his maturity.
- In the same episode, Sayid tells a young Ben that his father was ”a hard man”, like Ben’s.
- Sayid’s brother, Omer, didn’t want to kill the chicken, so Sayid stepped in to do it instead. His father responded by congratulating him, telling him “At least one of you will be a man”. The scene tells us one important thing in relation to this episode: the violent anger within Sayid, along with the sense of loyalty Kelvin Inman mentioned, had always been there – even before he was captured by the American soldiers… Although they definitely stirred something inside him.
Sayid:“I was a good man. I was a soldier. And when they left, I was something different. […] There is a part of me which was always capable.”