- The other big mystery concerns the blood tests being conducted behind Titus Andover’s big red door.
- Seems they’re looking for a certain type of blood on behalf of the Patriots, leading us to speculate whether it’s a particular nanite-exposed blood they seek.
- Miles’ blood appears to be a match, suggesting he’s been exposed to whatever it is they’re looking for.
- This scenario also brings Miles’ blood-splattered cabin mystery from the Season 2 premiere to mind. A direct connection might be a reach at this stage, but it does make you wonder how much Miles knows about the blood pumping through his veins.
- And then there’s this sickly looking woman inside the room. Does Andover hope Miles’ blood will make her better? Is she anyone important to Andover or just a test subject for Patriot goals?
- Andover’s star pupil sends a message (the results of the blood test?) in Arabic to Secretary Justine Allensford. Her reaction is contained but interested.
- The stamp on the letter bears a triangle – specifically, the Eye of Providence (left) – which we see reflected again at the end of the episode in the music box of creepy (right).
- The Eye of Providence is said to represent the all-seeing eye of God watching over mankind, and appears on the United States dollar bill.
- This plays into the notion that the Patriots’ claim to represent the US lacks ‘authenticity’, while also hinting towards their ultimate god-like aims. You’d also think it also seals the connection between the Patriots and Andover.
- We learn that Aaron almost stopped the bombs before the grid shut down – or “crashed,” as Aaron put it.
- Again we have to wonder with this 4 minutes thing – coincidence or design?
- The consequence of not being able to stop the bombs are literally reflected in Aaron’s personal lens, just as the fireflies were in the Season 2 opener. Disaster and hope emanates from our bespectacled GoogleBot.
BIG BOOK OF CRAZY NOTES
- Patchy (RIP) enjoying his Russian copy of Penthouse.
- Aaron’s heart stopped for two and a half hours. Thankfully, he’s not “hungry for brains.” Revolution is not a ‘zombie’ show – though LOST said something similar at one point. Definitely something strange in Aaron’s neighborhood.
- Aaron’s wound has also healed post revival.
- The Sheriff (RIP) was inspired by Walker, Texas Ranger.
- Aaron teaches his class about the legend of the Ghostbusters. It wouldn’t be long until he saw a ‘ghost’ of his own.
- Rachel to Gene: “You’re like the Godfather around here”.
- The Patriots hired bounty hunters – Patchy/Sergei and Adam – to kidnap Monroe. They’ve been tracking him in the months since the Surge.
- Allenford worked for the DOD before the blackout. Neville quips that she and Randall probably shared a cubicle. Nailed on flashback?
- Neville’s new alias for infiltrating the Patriots – “Edgar Crane”.
- Neville: “Everybody hugging up all over them like they’re the second coming”.
- Miles snarks Andover over his “Lord of the Flies” routine.
- Another very apt episode title this week, “There Will Be Blood” is also the title of the 2007 film of the same name.